[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-12-03
Steven R. Brandt
sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 3 09:48:09 CST 2018
Present: Steve, Peter, Zach, Samuel, Antoni Ramos, Bill (taking minutes)
* no Roland, no report (see below)
* Zach reported. He has a small-ish but not well understood LORENE2
initial data from his collaborator, has permissions to use it.
* Working with Josh Faber (RIT) who is using LORENE2 for binary NS
mergers, will have another small initial data set from him.
* Discussion of a possible problem in LORENE2, a bug, that may make it
incorrect. In the translation from French to English a subroutine was
not translated. Also the LORENE1 initial data may not be useful in
* Because of this Zach and Steve recommend proceeding with caution.
Last week the conclusion had been to replace LORENE1 with LORENE2...now
not recommended until this is understood/explored further.
BNS gallery example:
* no progress
* Migration to BitBucket
* no report
ET Infrastructure Presentations:
* Will be next week, 10 December 2018 during the phone meeting.
* As listed in the minutes for 2018-11-26, the nominal agenda/topics and
* website: Steve
* wiki: Steve
* trac: Steve
* svn: Steve / Peter
* Jenkins: Roland
* mailing lists: Steve
* tutorial server: Roland
* repos on bitbucket: Roland
* repos on github: Roland
* release process: Steve / Roland
More information about the Users