[Users] questions about compilation

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 9 05:05:10 CST 2018

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 07:01, 林家暉 <r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw> wrote:
>
> Dear Ian and whom it may concern,
> Thank you very much and I successfully plot the surface of the 2D topological spheres ,as showed below.
> However I found there is always a line in the plot from the right to the left and through the center . What is the possible reason of it ? For instance , resolution or something else.

Hi,

I think this is a visualisation artefact; i.e. it is a problem in either VisIt or the Carpet plugin for VisIt; it's not a problem in the simulation itself.

I seem to remember that there was a way to avoid this by first "slicing" the NxMx1 3D dataset that Carpet produces to be an NxM 2D dataset, so that VisIt knows it is 2D, but I think when I tried this, it didn't work.  Perhaps someone who is more expert in VisIt could suggest something?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin