[Users] questions about compilation

林家暉 r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw
Fri Feb 9 09:33:19 CST 2018

Dear Ian,

Thanks for your reply.

Besides VisIt, I also tried SimulationTools as another way to analyze data.

However I do not have Mathematica installed in my local machine(which is a laptop) , so I tried to use the Mathematica in Edison. But it seems that I do not have permission to load a new tool on the cluster. Is there any method can I use it on a super cluster?

Best regards,

Chia-Hui Lin

________________________________
寄件者: ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de <ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de>
寄件日期: 2018年2月9日 下午 07:05:10
收件者: 林家暉
副本: rhaas at ncsa.illinois.edu; Einstein Toolkit Users; Eloisa Bentivegna
主旨: Re: [Users] questions about compilation

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 07:01, 林家暉 <r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw> wrote:
>
> Dear Ian and whom it may concern,
> Thank you very much and I successfully plot the surface of the 2D topological spheres ,as showed below.
> However I found there is always a line in the plot from the right to the left and through the center . What is the possible reason of it ? For instance , resolution or something else.

Hi,

I think this is a visualisation artefact; i.e. it is a problem in either VisIt or the Carpet plugin for VisIt; it's not a problem in the simulation itself.

I seem to remember that there was a way to avoid this by first "slicing" the NxMx1 3D dataset that Carpet produces to be an NxM 2D dataset, so that VisIt knows it is 2D, but I think when I tried this, it didn't work.  Perhaps someone who is more expert in VisIt could suggest something?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin