[Users] Grid function timelevels

Jens Mahlmann jensmahl at alumni.uv.es
Tue Jul 3 08:57:19 CDT 2018

Dear all,

I am currently optimizing some code in the Einstein Toolkit and have a
general question on time levels and declarations.

Throughout my evolution, I use some quantities (initialized as grid
functions with various time levels) which are not changed throughout the
evolution or only changed explicitly in some moments. At the moment, I
make sure in every time step via

variable[i3D] = variable_p[i3D]

that I have the correct values at the respective time.

Is there a better way to do this? I.e. is there a way to declare a grid
function or to register it such that it stays untouched throughout the
time evolution except when I change it explicitly?

Thank you very much and my best from Valencia

Jens Mahlmann