[Users] error after activating IllinoisGRMHD and VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD

林家暉 r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw
Wed Jul 18 01:26:14 CDT 2018

Dear Zach,
I modified nsns_test.par  as the attached file by replacing VolumeIntegrals with VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD and remove the line using centeroflapse which is for VolumeIntegrals_vacuum. Then I got the error message as the attached file.What else should I modify?
By the way , my ETK version is ET_2018_02.
On the other hand,I am still trying to use illinoisGRMHD in the gallery example (nsnstohmns.par),but not yet success. I haven't come up with ideal how to make it compatible with IllinoisGRMHD.
Thanks,
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
________________________________
寄件者: Zach Etienne <zachetie at gmail.com>
寄件日期: 2018年7月18日 上午 03:17:53
收件者: 林家暉
副本: Einstein Toolkit Users
主旨: Re: [Users] error after activating IllinoisGRMHD and VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD

Dear Chia-Hui,
> Does this mean that I should update the parameter file in order to use them ?

Yes, though this should be simple. I would expect that simply replacing all references to VolumeIntegrals by references to VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD will fix the problem.

>  I have already produced some initial data by LORENE.

Great to hear. You will need to modify the parameter file so that the AMR grid structures are properly centered on each neutron star initially.

> Can I consult for your suggestion that which method would be more efficient and proper without tracking problem? Or there are other possible solution?

I am unsure what advice would be best. You have told me is that the code exits unexpectedly. To help diagnose, I will need to know the exact version of the ETK you are using and the error message.

-Zach

Zachariah Etienne
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
West Virginia University