[Users] error after activating IllinoisGRMHD and VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:54:14 CDT 2018

Dear Chia-Hui,

Regarding the HDF5 output:

The parameter file you sent has the following parameter set:

CarpetIOHDF5::out_every                     = 512
CarpetIOHDF5::checkpoint                    = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::compression_level             = 0
CarpetIOHDF5::one_file_per_group            = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::open_one_input_file_at_a_time = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_every                   = 256
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_xy                       = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_xz                       = "no"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_yz                       = "no"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_xyplane_z                = 0.0
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_vars                    = "
  IllinoisGRMHD::rho_b
  IllinoisGRMHD::P
  IllinoisGRMHD::vx
  IllinoisGRMHD::vy
  IllinoisGRMHD::vz
  IllinoisGRMHD::Bx
  IllinoisGRMHD::By
  IllinoisGRMHD::Bz
  ADMBase::curv
  ADMBase::lapse
  ADMBase::metric
  ADMBase::shift
  ML_ADMConstraints::ml_ham
"

This means that every 512 iterations, a 2D HDF5 output in the x-y plane
will be dumped to disk. IllinoisGRMHD::rho_b is the same as HydroBase::rho,
and IllinoisGRMHD will set HydroBase::rho with a cadence given by:
convert_to_HydroBase::convert_to_HydroBase_every = 8 # needed for particle
tracer.

Thus every 8 iterations, IllinoisGRMHD will set HydroBase::rho. However,
because of the setting

CarpetIOHDF5::one_file_per_group            = "yes"

it will only rho_b in the file with other variables in its variable group.
According to IllinoisGRMHD/interface.ccl, this means that rho_b will be
output to a file with "grmhd_primitives_allbutBi" in its name.

> How can I continue the simulation ?

IOUtil::checkpoint_on_terminate = "yes"

Will only checkpoint if, for example TerminationTrigger is properly
enabled.

Further, your parameter file says:

IOUtil::checkpoint_every_walltime_hours = 3

Thus you should get a checkpoint after 3 hours of letting the job run.

-Zach

*     *     *
Zachariah Etienne
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
West Virginia University
*https://math.wvu.edu/~zetienne/ <https://math.wvu.edu/~zetienne/>*
https://blackholesathome.net

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 7:39 AM, 林家暉 <r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw> wrote:

> [...]
>
> It appears that for some reason, TerminationTrigger is terminating your
> run. I updated the .par files to properly document the relevant
> TerminationTrigger parameters. You could also try disabling
> TerminationTrigger completely, as this should prevent the code from
> terminating.
>
> -Zach
>
> *     *     *
> Zachariah Etienne
> Assistant Professor of Mathematics
> West Virginia University
> *https://math.wvu.edu/~zetienne/ <https://math.wvu.edu/~zetienne/>*
> https://blackholesathome.net
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 2:36 PM, 林家暉 <r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw> wrote:
>
>> Dear Zach,
>> Thank a lot for your updating. The previous errors are solved. However
>> the code exits after 3 minutes running. The attached files are the
>> corresponding .err and .out files. I am not sure whether it is caused by ML_BSSN
>> parameters.
>> Also thanks for inviting me to the IllinoisGRMHD Working Group telecon.
>> I would like to attend and I have selected possible time.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Chia-Hui
>> ------------------------------
>> *寄件者:* Zach Etienne <zachetie at gmail.com>
>> *寄件日期:* 2018年7月20日 上午 01:31:50
>> *收件者:* 林家暉
>> *副本:* Einstein Toolkit Users
>> *主旨:* Re: [Users] error after activating IllinoisGRMHD and
>> VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD
>>
>> Dear Chia-Hui,
>>
>> Thank you for your report! I just updated the parameter files to fix
>> these issues (sorry, I should've checked earlier), and they seem to run
>> fine now when using the latest Einstein Toolkit release, ET_2018_02. There
>> may be some remaining warnings about ML_BSSN parameters, but these may be
>> safely ignored.
>>
>> Please consider attending the next IllinoisGRMHD Working Group telecon
>> next Thursday or Friday; respond to http://whenisgood.net/pfjbm3c if you
>> are interesting in attending.
>> WhenIsGood: July 2018 IllinoisGRMHD telecon
>> <http://whenisgood.net/pfjbm3c>
>> whenisgood.net
>> Plan the time to have your meeting or event by co-ordinating availability
>> with all the particpants using this fuss-free online tool.
>>

>> -Zach
>>
>> *     *     *
>> Zachariah Etienne
>> Assistant Professor of Mathematics
>> West Virginia University
>> *https://math.wvu.edu/~zetienne/ <https://math.wvu.edu/~zetienne/>*
>> https://blackholesathome.net
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 9:30 AM, 林家暉 <r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Zach,
>>> Thank you for updating the parameter file. But I have several questions :
>>> 1.It seems some name of parameters should be changed,
>>> from VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_inside_sphere__center_x_initial
>>> to VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_sphere__center_x_initial
>>> from VolumeIntegrals_vacuum::volintegral_inside_sphere__trac