[Users] error after activating IllinoisGRMHD and VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD

林家暉 r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw
Tue Jul 24 12:15:06 CDT 2018

Dear Zach,
I think I have misunderstood CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_every  = 256 and CarpetIOHDF5::out_every  = 512 because my simulation was until iter=330 so I expected there are some .h5 files. And I also successfully made checkpoints after running more than the checkpoint_every_walltime_hours. After continuing the simulation I finally got the desired files.
Thank you a lot for your detailed information.

Best regards,
Chia-Hui
________________________________
寄件者: Zach Etienne <zachetie at gmail.com>
寄件日期: 2018年7月23日 下午 08:54:14
收件者: 林家暉
副本: Einstein Toolkit Users
主旨: Re: [Users] error after activating IllinoisGRMHD and VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD

Dear Chia-Hui,

Regarding the HDF5 output:

The parameter file you sent has the following parameter set:

CarpetIOHDF5::out_every                     = 512
CarpetIOHDF5::checkpoint                    = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::compression_level             = 0
CarpetIOHDF5::one_file_per_group            = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::open_one_input_file_at_a_time = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_every                   = 256
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_xy                       = "yes"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_xz                       = "no"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_yz                       = "no"
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_xyplane_z                = 0.0
CarpetIOHDF5::out2D_vars                    = "
  IllinoisGRMHD::rho_b
  IllinoisGRMHD::P
  IllinoisGRMHD::vx
  IllinoisGRMHD::vy
  IllinoisGRMHD::vz
  IllinoisGRMHD::Bx
  IllinoisGRMHD::By
  IllinoisGRMHD::Bz
  ADMBase::curv
  ADMBase::lapse
  ADMBase::metric
  ADMBase::shift
  ML_ADMConstraints::ml_ham
"

This means that every 512 iterations, a 2D HDF5 output in the x-y plane will be dumped to disk. IllinoisGRMHD::rho_b is the same as HydroBase::rho, and IllinoisGRMHD will set HydroBase::rho with a cadence given by:
convert_to_HydroBase::convert_to_HydroBase_every = 8 # needed for particle tracer.

Thus every 8 iterations, IllinoisGRMHD will set HydroBase::rho. However, because of the setting

CarpetIOHDF5::one_file_per_group            = "yes"

it will only rho_b in the file with other variables in its variable group. According to IllinoisGRMHD/interface.ccl, this means that rho_b will be output to a file with "grmhd_primitives_allbutBi" in its name.

> How can I continue the simulation ?

IOUtil::checkpoint_on_terminate = "yes"

Will only checkpoint if, for example TerminationTrigger is properly enabled.

Further, your parameter file says:

IOUtil::checkpoint_every_walltime_hours = 3

Thus you should get a checkpoint after 3 hours of letting the job run.

-Zach

Zachariah Etienne
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
West Virginia University