[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-03-19

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 19 09:42:11 CDT 2018

Present: Roland, Bill, Peter, Sam, Zach, Qian, Steve, Gabrielle, Peter,
Antoni Ramos Buades, Bhavesh, Yosef

Trac update:
* has been updated and is working but cannot be reached due to port 443
* should be resolved soon this morning
* as of now server is up but needs a security exception to view it
* status icons for Jenkins are not yet working (a cross site scripting
  issue)

Working groups:
* want first round of status updates
* check on SI2 related working groups
* currently have 3 established groups, have 10 planned groups
* Roland to (finally) create performance upgrades one
* Steve to create maintainers working group
* Initial data: ping Josh, Roland to ping people in general
* aim for reports in 2 weeks, aim to have reports on the first Monday
  of each month

Code reviews for thorns to be included:
* tickets https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2101
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1974 https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2064 https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/2042
* include in master thorn list once they have a test and compile,
  remove if they break, remove from release if not reviewed

US ET workshop:
* had first SOC call on Friday
* discussed schedule layout and facilities, draft of website
* discussed split between invited and contributed talks