[Users] [ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1471: Cactus should auto-detect newer versions of GCC from MacPorts

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue May 1 12:07:29 CDT 2018

> On 1 May 2018, at 15:47, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
>
> AFAIK, if it compiles with generic.cfg, it has to use the "gcc" that's in the path.

And when homebrew has its own version of gcc, does it put it on the path under the name "gcc"?  What does "which gcc" give you?

If it is indeed compiling OK with Clang, it's interesting, because when I tried to compile just Cactus, not even the whole ET, using Clang on a Mac, I ran into several incompatibilities.  This was a couple of years ago now, and maybe they have all been fixed.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin