[Users] problems of reproducing the simulation of binary neutron star with different mass

林家暉 r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw
Mon May 14 12:12:45 CDT 2018

Dear Roland,
Thank you for your reply.
The attached file is .err file corresponding to the simulation of binary star with different central enthalpy.  Can you have a look at it ?Thank you.
For not able to track multiple stars, does it occur in binary blackhole case(http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bbh/index.html) ?
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
________________________________
寄件者: Roland Haas <rhaas at illinois.edu>
寄件日期: 2018年5月13日 下午 09:28:51
收件者: 林家暉
副本: Einstein Toolkit Users
主旨: Re: [Users] problems of reproducing the simulation of binary neutron star with different mass

Hello Chia-Hui Lin,

changing the central enthalpy seems like the right thing to do to
change masses in LORENE since it prescribes the central enthalpy of
each star.

The backtrace that you showed and the error message is unfortunately
not detailed enough to make a guess as to what could have gone wrong.
This output is produced by a call to CCTK_Error() however the
CCTK_Error function takes an error string as an argument which is not
present in the lines that you have copied. It is likely in the *.err
file that the simulation produced and you should try and include that
file as an attachment in your email.

If you have non-equal mass stars then you have to remove the 180 degree
rotation symmetry from the parameter files. Ie you have to change the
lines (these are scattered throughout throughout the par file)

ActiveThorns = "RotatingSymmetry180 ReflectionSymmetry"
CoordBase::xmin =    0.00
CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_x_lower = 1
CarpetRegrid2::symmetry_rotating180    = "yes"
Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_rho_max_loc_only_positive_x = "true"
Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_average_multiple_maxima_locations = "yes"

ActiveThorns = "ReflectionSymmetry"
CoordBase::xmin = 396.00
CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_x_lower = 0
CarpetRegrid2::symmetry_rotating180    = "no"
Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_rho_max_loc_only_positive_x = "false"
Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_average_multiple_maxima_locations = "no"

Please note though that currently the thorn NSTracker and HydroAnalysis *cannot* properly track multiple stars. It makes the hard-coded assumption that if one of the stars is at (x,y,z) the other one is at (-x,-y,z) which is only true for equal mass neutron stars. This will mean that one of the stars will eventually leave the box that is supposed to track it.