[Users] Toolkit

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue May 29 15:43:07 CDT 2018

> On 26 May 2018, at 08:06, Feyisso Sado <bsfeyiso at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  After installing all requirements, I just typed the following commands in Ubuntu terminal:
>
> !curl -kLO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL/ET_2018_02/GetComponents <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL/ET_2018_02/GetComponents>
> !chmod a+x GetComponents
>> Due to my machine failure I'm reinstalling Toolkit, but I faced the following error.
>> curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Hi,

I copied that command and ran it on Mac OS and Linux, and it worked OK.  What version of Ubuntu are you using?  You can get this from the output of

cat /etc/issue

Can you send the output of

curl --version

A quick google search says that that particular error message occurs if you try to access an http server with https.  Is it possible that there is some firewall or redirection happening on your network to prevent you from accessing https servers?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin