[Users] error message MPI

Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Tue Oct 2 07:45:15 CDT 2018

Hello Roland,

It turned out that I still have problems with MPI.
I did not update to mojave, just did a brew update/brew upgrade.
A smaller executable compiled fine, but compiling with most thorns activated, I have the following error:

_____________________
COMPILING arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dh.cc
/Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dh.cc: In function 'ompi_datatype_t* mpi_datatype(const dh::light_dboxes&)':
/Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dh.cc:2278:23: error: 'MPI_UB' was not declared in this scope
         {1, sizeof s, MPI_UB, "MPI_UB", "MPI_UB"}};
                       ^~~~~~
/Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dh.cc:2278:23: note: suggested alternative: 'MPI_IO'
         {1, sizeof s, MPI_UB, "MPI_UB", "MPI_UB"}};
                       ^~~~~~
                       MPI_IO
/Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dh.cc: In function 'ompi_datatype_t* mpi_datatype(const dh::fast_dboxes&)':
/Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dh.cc:2330:23: error: 'MPI_UB' was not declared in this scope
         {1, sizeof s, MPI_UB, "MPI_UB", "MPI_UB"}};
                       ^~~~~~
/Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dh.cc:2330:23: note: suggested alternative: 'MPI_IO'
         {1, sizeof s, MPI_UB, "MPI_UB", "MPI_UB"}};
                       ^~~~~~
                       MPI_IO
___________________

My mpic++ does not take -compile_info, but a show gives me this:

$ mpic++ --showme
clang++ -I/usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/HEAD-73075b8/include -L/usr/local/opt/libevent/lib -L/usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/HEAD-73075b8/lib -lmpi

What do you suggest?

thanks,
Maria

Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton