[Users] [ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #2203: accumulated Carpet updates

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 3 09:25:04 CDT 2018

Hello Zach,

> I'm always nervous when a big Carpet update comes down the pipeline.
I would not call it a big update since these are changes from 2016
onwards and had they trickled in at the rate they were produced, no one
would have noticed. Just lots of changes lines (due to changes of
CCTK_VWarn to CCTK_WARN and reformatting of code).

> Could
> you please confirm the full ETK testsuite passes with the new version of
> Carpet before pushing to master? There are a lot of Carpet features that
> aren't tested by qc0-mclachlan.par, but are tested by the testsuite.
Sure I will run the testsuites (must do so anyway before applying the
changes), thank you for reminding me of the requirement.

Which features do you have in mind and are particularly worried about?
Llama support for example is not tested in either one qc0-mclachlan or
the test suites as far as I know. Note that the results for
qc0-mclachlan.par are not just "similar" they are identical (in the
mp_psi4_l2_m2.asc output file ie this tests quite a bit of the
infrastructure).