[Users] Issues with Downloading/Installing the tool kit

Joe Hellmers hellmersjl at icloud.com
Sat Sep 1 19:40:56 CDT 2018

I see an additional message

[jhellmer at comet-ln2 etk]$ ./GetComponents --verbose https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2018_02/einsteintoolkit.th  > GetComponents.log

Use of uninitialized value $branch in concatenation (.) or string at ./GetComponents line 1559.

I was able to git clone

git clone https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteininitialdata.git Cactus/repos/einsteininitialdata

Successfully.  I tried to run GetComponents again to see if it would move the initialdata folder to the arrangements folder and create the symlinks, but I got the following

  1 components checked out.
  252 components updated.

  Unable to process EinsteinInitialData/DistortedBHIVP

Summary of Warnings:

Could not update einsteininitialdata. Could not stash local changes. Error message was 'fatal: unable to create threaded lstat
fatal: unable to create threaded lstat
fatal: unable to create threaded lstat
fatal: unable to create threaded lstat
fatal: unable to create threaded lstat
Cannot save the current worktree state
'.
  Time Elapsed: 0 minutes, 27 seconds

This home directory is on a CentOS 6.10 server.  I was able to do this successfully on an Ubuntu 16 VM.

Joe