[Users] Fwd: [new user][help] Problem during install: libcblas

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 27 17:24:48 CDT 2018

Hello Arthur,

I do not use arch myself and we do not regularly test on it so I cannot
give a very definitive answer.

> But trying to get the output I get the following error:
>
> > /home/ianncunha/simulations/helloworld/SIMFACTORY/exe/cactus_sim: error
> > while loading shared libraries: libcblas.so.3: cannot open shared object
> > file: No such file or directory
> >

> After I installed atlas-lapack, I was unable to import numpy due to the
> same error.
> I moved a copy of libcblas.so.3 by hand to /usr/lib64 and got numpy working
> again, but I'm still getting the error in simfactory.
The error seems to be in your Cactus executable. Can you please provide
the following information:

* the output of ldd exe/cactus_sim
* the "ini" file whose name starts like the output of
  simfactory/bin/sim whoami
* the optionlist file mentioned in that ini file (in cfg folder of simfactory/mdb/)
* the file configs/sim/OptionList and
  configs/sim/config-data/make.config.defn
* the content of the file
  configs/sim/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.BLAS.defn
* the content of the file
  configs/sim/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.LAPACK.defn

You can also try and see if you have the pkg-config package installed.
If it is not installed then strange things can happen during
auto-detection of libraries.

> Could anyone help me giving some insight on how to solve this problem?
For some Linux distros (RedHat derivatives in particular) one has to
use the "module" command to enable libraries (eg MPI) and on some one
has to select a particular alternative (debian based ones, OpenSuSE).

Sometimes one also has to log out and back in after installing packages.