[Users] evolving a BH hole with Kerr-Schild ID in ET

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:03:43 CDT 2019

Roland

This is almost possible. For puncture data, one typically evolves
lapse, shift, and a quantity B (the time derivative of the shift). For
Kerr-Schild data, one also needs to evolve A, the time derivative of
the lapse. Otherwise, Kerr-Schild data are not stationary. (One could
instead add an offset alpha_0 to the evolution equations for K, but
that is quite non-standard and not implemented in McLachlan.)

Additionally, I find it convenient to smooth all quantities near the
singularity, and to choose to advect both lapse and shift. I don't
know whether the latter is necessary in theory, but I am always using
it.

I can send a sample parameter file if that helps.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>