[Users] submiting jobs in a cluster with the pbs queue

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 6 17:26:01 CST 2019

Hello Erik,

you will want to read the "Configuring a new machine" section of the
wiki https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Configuring_a_new_machine

If you already compiled successfully then you basically need a
submission and run script.

The simulation factory contains a large set of them for existing
clusters eg in repos/simfactory2/mdb/submitscripts

For a "regular" cluster using PBS you may want to start from
"shelob.sub" and "shelob-mvapich.run" which are the ones used on the
"mike" and "shelob" clusters at LSU.

You should be able to pattern your own script after them. Usually the
cluster admins will also provide you with a sample pbs script for their
cluster which you can use to change in the bits of the shelob files
that need to be changed.