[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-02-21

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 21 09:42:07 CST 2019

Present: Roland, Steve, Sam, Bill, Chris, Zach, Helvi, Antoni,

Future of svn.cactuscode.org [SB]
- suggest to check access log
- only thing hosted there that we know to be still in use is website
source for cactuscode.org and CarpetHDF5 visit reader
- repositories should / must be moved to some other hosting service
before

ET release planning [RH]
* release team
- Steve
- Roland
- Helvi
- Peter
- Sam
* release goals
** BNS gallery example
- no update
** WVU_Analysis / WVU_Diagnostics status
- Zach has been adding missing pieces to thorn
- Add thorns to master thornlist of manifest repo
- Tests are still missing, Zach is trying to obtain tiny ID dataset,
most thorns could use more generic data though
- Zach is looking for a place to put example parfiles
** Proca / Lean status
- Lean has example parfiles that could go to Cactus/par
- thorns are in thornlist
- removed SIMD vectorization which caused issues with Intel 17 / 18
  compilers on Stampede2. See https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2101/
** release relevant tickets https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues?milestone=ET_2019_02&milestone=ET_2018_08&status=new&status=open
- sqrt() issue on AVX512 https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2219/fix-sqrt-for-avx512-updates-to-vectors should be fixed. The pull request contains more than just the bugfix. Bugfix commit is here: https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactusutils/commits/5dea378d702207d771e64423d9245403c81a1315?at=master

Stale example parfiles
* suggestion to at least run the example parfiles through cactus_sim -S
to test that the parfile are at least parsable
* could be made part of the jenkins tests

Workshop at RIT
- no updates

unanswered question on mailing list / open tickets sorted by update time
- no unanswered question on mailing list