[Users] Testing example parameter files

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 10:13:32 CST 2019

On 21 Feb 2019, at 15:42, Haas, Roland <rhaas at illinois.edu<mailto:rhaas at illinois.edu>> wrote:

Stale example parfiles
* suggestion to at least run the example parfiles through cactus_sim -S
to test that the parfile are at least parsable
* could be made part of the jenkins tests

Hi,

I did a little bit of work on testing the example parameter files at one of the ET workshops.  There are notes at

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Fixing_examples

See also https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/641/parameter-files-and-thornlists-could-be, where this is discussed.  Unfortunately, the web page with the results that this page points to no longer exists.  I have looked briefly for the script I wrote to do this test, and sadly cannot find it.

Probably the suggestion to do this in Jenkins is a good one.  Most of the parameter files don't need much memory or CPU time.  We probably would need to blacklist those that do.

PS: there are broken links to trac tickets on the wiki.  It would be good if trac.einsteintoolkit.org<http://trac.einsteintoolkit.org> redirected a link such as

https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/641

to the relevant BitBucket ticket.

Research Software Engineer