[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-01-24

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 24 11:56:32 CST 2019

Hello all,

> moving ExternalLibraries:
> * go ahead with compressed tarballs in repo
> * move right away
> * update old release branches and add new release tags to point to new
>   servers
I have pushed a version of einsteintoolkit.th into master that uses the
copies of the ExternalLibraries on github together with github's svn
checkout capability.

I checked out a fresh Cactus tree using that thornlist and could
successfully compile and run (one) testsuite.

Running

diff -urw -x .svn Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries \
CactusGH/arrangements/ExternalLibraries

shows that there are some empty directories that are missing in the
github version. This is due to git not being able to store empty
directories. The typical workaround is to put an empty file (eg an
empty .gitignore) in the directory in question. I have not done so
since the directories are not needed and adding a .gitignore would have
to be done to past revisions as well.

The missing directories are:

OpenCL/dist
OpenCL/par
OpenCL/test
PAPI/doc
pciutils/par

Unless there are reports of failures I will also apply the same changes
to the release versions of einsteintoolkit.th (branches and in a new
release tag).