[Users] How to add thorn CarpetAdaptiveRegrid to simulate

Steve Hawk steve-hawk1998 at outlook.com
Sun Jun 16 09:19:12 CDT 2019

Hello:
I am trying to do a simulation about wormholes-trumpet using ETK. Using AMR techniques seems necessary to save lots of computing memory at the moment.
 I download all the thorns following the instructions from the ETK websites, then add the statement:  ActiveThorns = “CarpetAdaptiveRegrid"  and other necessary thorns in the par files,  to prepare for a simulation. But when I compile it, it tells me CarpetAdaptiveRegrid can not be found!
Then I check the catalog of Cactus, I find CarpetAdaptiveRegrid is just in the repos/carpet, not belongs to arrangments/Carpet.
So I want to ask is there any methods to add CarpetAdaptiveRegrid to successfully compile  with it? (I try to modify the original einsteintoolkit.th<http://einsteintoolkit.th> file to add CarpetAdaptiveRegrid into it, but it tells me the conflicts between CarpetRegrid2 and CarpetAdaptiveRegrid!) Or how to compile ETK with adding into CarpetAdaptiveRegrid into it to achieve AMR?

Thanks!

Best Regards!

Xiaoxiao