[Users] weird behavior with some ET simulations

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 08:55:47 CST 2019

On 7 Mar 2019, at 14:50, Antoni Ramos Buades <antoniramosbuades at gmail.com<mailto:antoniramosbuades at gmail.com>> wrote:

Thanks a lot Zach, Roland and Ian for your comments. We are currently compiling the last version of the EinsteinToolkit and we will make some runs with different values of CarpetRegrid2::min_fraction to check if the noise disappears. We will report you the results in a few days.

Hi Toni,

I suggest to change just one thing at a time; i.e. take the old version of the code that you ran with before, change just this one parameter, and rerun the simulation.  If you change too many things at the same time (and you are thinking of making 2 years worth of changes!), the results might be different for many more reasons, and it's hard to reason about the problem.

Research Software Engineer
University of Manchester, UK