[Users] weird behavior with some ET simulations

Antoni Ramos Buades antoniramosbuades at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 02:52:26 CDT 2019

Hi,

setting the parameter CarpetRegrid2::min_fraction = 1 solves the problem of
the noise outburst ( I attach the file waveformMinfraction1.png that you
can compare to the older waveforms.png where the noise is present). We have
checked the problem with the new version of the EinsteinToolkit which is in
the website and with version of 2017 which we were using and the noise
disappeared in both. In terms of speed, the run with min_fraction=1 is
slightly slower with respect to the older with min_fraction=0.9, but not
significantly. I would like to thank again everybody for the quick feedback
and help.

Best Regards,
Toni.