[Users] AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX

Ferguson, Deborah L dferguson41 at gatech.edu
Wed Mar 27 12:46:11 CDT 2019

Hey all,

I’m building a new work machine and was trying to determine what processor to get to best be able to run Einstein toolkit on it. I’d been looking at the 2990WX because of the number of cores.  I wanted to check though if anyone had used it before and encountered any issues before I spend money ordering one. I know there are other processors that are faster per core though so if anyone thinks a different processor would do better running ETK, I’d welcome recommendations.

Thanks!
Deborah