[Users] Multiple emails from bitbucket issues

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at manchester.ac.uk
Sat Mar 30 12:07:43 CDT 2019

Hi,

I've noticed that I'm getting two copies of some BitBucket issue notifications.  The first is from trac at einsteintoolkit.org<mailto:trac at einsteintoolkit.org> because I am subscribed to that mailing list, and all the issue notifications go to it.  The second is directly from BitBucket, and it is sent because I have interacted with an issue, so BitBucket assumes I am interested and "watches" the issue for me.

Given this situation, is there still value in having trac at einsteintoolkit,org?  I would imagine that people who want to see *all* ticket activity from the ET project will likely have a bitbucket account so they can interact with the code, and hence can enable direct bitbucket notifications.

Research Software Engineer
University of Manchester, UK