[Users] problem using McLachlan with a NS-BH system

Wolfgang Kastaun physik at fangwolg.de
Wed Nov 27 07:52:27 CST 2019

Hi Bruno,

Not sure if related, but I vaguely recall that the gamma-driver shift
gauge condition can become unstable if the timestep exceeds a critical
value related to the damping constant eta in the driver. This might
happen with 9 levels if the timestep is also increasing by a factor 2
with each level. The solution I remember was to use the same timestep
for the few coarsest levels. Do you know if the first occurrence of NANs
in the shift happens on the coarsest level?

Cheers,
Wolfgang.