[Users] Possible performance issue

Vaishak P vaishak at iucaa.in
Tue Oct 8 12:29:54 CDT 2019

Dear Sir,

I have made the changes as suggested. In fact I compiled using a Intel MPI
( which was compiled by myself locally) using the optionlist of Stanpede 2
cluster as suggested by you , without OpenMP and with appropriate library
paths.I am glad that the speed has improved. I am now getting around 25
physical units per hour instead of 1.5 for a simulation running on 128 mpi
procs. The optimization parameters I am using are same as in the Stanpede2
cluster ( -Ofast -march=native) and not "-O3 -march=native" . Would it make
any difference?

I have not tried these changes on mpich-3.3.1 or openmpi yet.

Also where can I find more information to know about these optimization
parameters?

Thankyou very much for your time. This was really helpful!!

Yours Sincerely

Vaishak