[Users] compilation fails on SuperMUC due to a missing link to library

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 11 10:57:53 CDT 2019

Hello Giuseppe,

> LDFLAGS = -rdynamic -xCORE-AVX2 -Wl,--rpath,-L/usr/lib64/psm2-compat/libpsm_infinipath.so.1
You need to instead use:

LDFLAGS = ... -Wl,--rpath,/usr/lib64/psm2-compat/

ie specify the directory not the file.

Alternatively (and maybe better) you can try and set (or add to) the MPI
variables instead like so:

MPI_LIB_DIRS = /usr/lib64/psm2-compat

which will also create a --rpath option eventually and also ensure that
the library is found a link time by adding a -L option. This may
however force you to also set MPI_INC_DIRS and MPI_LIBS.

You should be able to get information on what to put there from eg the
old supermuc option list
simfactory2/mdb/optionlists/supermuc-intelmpi.cfg and / or the
information provided on
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Configuring_a_new_machine