[Users] make <config>-utils failing with "RNS" error (ET_2019_03)

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 18 17:32:17 CDT 2019

Hello Bernard,

> You're right; that was a non-standard version of RNSID I made to
> remove the GRHydro dependence some time ago.
Ah ok. In theory this dependence should now also have been removed from
the vanilla version (there should be a ticket about this).

> Interestingly, this new failure looks similar to something reported
> back in 2011 [ https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/634
> ], and then it was solved by "(programmatically) removing the -openmp
> flag from the utilities build command." It can't be the same issue,
> can it?
It does sound like the same issue to me as the __kmpc stuff is the
Intel compiler's OpenMP code.

The other option may be to make sure that you do set LDFLAGS to
-openmp. Unfortunately there is no LD_OPENMP_FLAGS (which is really
what we'd want).

The original fix for
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/634 is in https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinevolve/commits/06502dc04b5592b2ee5e90ffdb0e45e8ff2e95d1 and taht fix (the $(filter-out ...) call) is present also for the current code for both the C and the F90 bit of the (horrible) makefile.

Did you enable OpenMP "properly" by setting:

CFLAGS = -g
C_OPENMP_FLAGS = -openmp
OPENMP = yes

or "manually" by setting

CFLAGS = -g -openmp

? If you were to send me your option list I could try and see if this
is another corner case.