[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-09-19
rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 19 09:51:20 CDT 2019
Present: Bill, Chris, Helvi, Maria, Peter, Roland, Steve, Toni. Yosef,
Yu Liu, Zach
* Steve is reviewing Peter's self-force code, may open up ticket system
in code repo
* no one assigned yet to review Zach's Fishbone-Moncrief disk code,
* DOI: proceed as planned
* timeline for the release: freeze next week
* name: Maria Goeppert Mayer (Physicist, Nobel prize 1963, 1972)
KCL workshop review:
* about 60 participants, 40 of them were new or beginning users
* most slides are available on website, tutorials are in slack channel
* video recordings of talks and lectures should be available in 1-2
weeks of time on Youtube
* diverse topics from compact object mergers to exotic matter and
* had a presentation by Niels Warburton on black hole perturbation
* had fruitful discussion with GRChombo developers, plan to do code
comparison project in the future
* lessons learned: time for dedicated discussions was a bit short
* for the manual topology issue Yosef will submit the patch that made
things work for him, so that the issue is clearly spelled out
* Steve provided some comments on
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-August/006995.html based on his own experience with this, Yosef will forward to Carlos
* Steve suspects that
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-September/007020.html may be caused by running out of memory and paging
NRPy+ based BSSN code:
* Zach has started to write a McLachlan equivalent BSSN code in NRPy+,
and is making some progress as of the beginning of this week. Code is
based on Lean so far. Will chat with Helvi about this.
* runners will be on DOI for this release only
* BBH: Helvi et al.
* Poisson: Helvi et al.
* scalar wave: Helvi et al.
* TOV: Helvi et al.
* BNS: still an issue, originally assigned to Peter but would need
help, will need to find an old ET release that produces the output
shows on the gallery. Maria will try and help out with this. Ticket
Next week's call will be chaired by: Helvi
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20190919/3a42ed83/attachment.bin
More information about the Users