[Users] HDF5 and submission/runtime issues on a PBS cluster

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 19 09:20:13 CDT 2019

Hello Vaishak,

as usual, I would suggest addressing the mailing list. Would you mind
if I forward this email to the list?

Your point 3 sounds like either an incorrectly set-up cluster or (if
this is a "private" cluster) missing passwordless ssh keys.

I would contact your cluster administrators and show them the output of trying to run something like:

mpirun -np 64 /usr/bin/hostname

which tries to start 64 copies of the "hostname" command. Make sure that 64 is more cores than a single node can provide.

Alternatively you can try and fix this yourself following for example

https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=rsh#ssh-keys

but do leave the password blank (this implies you should only use this key-pair on the cluster and not do log into the cluster from the outside).