[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-09-26

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 26 09:57:33 CDT 2019

Present: Bill, Helvi, Maria, Peter, Roland, Steve, Yu Liu, Zach

ET release:
* Fishbone Moncrief:
- code is not self-contained since NRPy+ is not part of the toolkit
- NRPy+ itself is BSD license and available
* self-force code
- Steve could not checkout and and compile code, was missing effective
  source code, needs to be organized yet, could be done next week
- Peter is addressing issues raised in tickets
https://bitbucket.org/peterdiener/selfforce-1d/issues
- will go ahead with inclusion
- code will not be part of the default thornlist, will use its own
  issue tracker
- will provide download instructions on ET website, will be mentioned
  in release announcement
- Roland suggests to add Cactus-like "Author", "Maintainer" and
  "License" information to the README file (which are in somewhat
  machine parseable)
* release date: move complete freeze to Oct 14th
* Helvi's group will start running gallery examples
* Helvi will run test suites on SuperMUC

Tickets relevant to :
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2119/ has made
  some progress tracking down, have old code so that we can compare,
  currently do not have a current run with the current evolution code
* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2274/ will be
  reviewed by Steve

BaikalETK:
* Zach has code done far enough that comparison to McLachlan was
  possible and waveforms agree for qc0-mclachlan.par
* removed symmetries, 6th order accurate finite differencing,
  Dissipation to 7th order, increased final time (crash is after
  t=200M which is normally not reached), found crash in McLachlan
  (BSSN). Using Dissipation thorn, will send email to mailing list