[Users] Error in exe/cactus_sim

Rishank Diwan rishank2610 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:19:38 CDT 2020

Hello Roland and Ian,

I did check for OpenMPI and MPICH package, it seems there is only one
installed I am attaching the result so you can see.
I also checked the other two command to know the compatibility but they
seem to have different path.

"dpkg -S $(readlink -f $(ldd exe/cactus_sim | gawk '/libmpi.so/{print$3}'))
" gives "libopenmpi2:amd64:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openmpi/lib/libmpi.so.20.10.1" as output.
"dpkg -S $(readlink -f $(which mpirun))" gives "openmpi-bin:
/usr/bin/orterun" as output.

I have tried "simfactory/bin/sim run static_tov
--parfile=par/static_tov.par --procs=2" and "./simfactory/bin/sim
create-run helloworld --parfile arrangements/CactusExamples/HelloWorld" and
"exe/cactus_sim" in all the above cases I got the same error message.

I am also attaching the mpi.log file you asked for.

Yours sincerely,
Rishank Diwan
Pre-final Year Undergraduate Student
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur