[Users] Restarting simulations using simfactory

Atul Kedia akedia at nd.edu
Sat Aug 15 18:47:39 CDT 2020

Hello,

I want to restart a simulation to make it run for longer. It currently
stopped at the time it was asked it at my par file. It has checkpoints
enabled in the par file.

I have increased the time in the par file at <sim_name>/output-0000/ and
at  <sim_name>/SIMFACTORY/par and I tried the commands :

simfactory/bin/sim cleanup <sim_name>
followed by
simfactory/bin/sim run <sim_name>
and set the added a line "jobid = 999999" as suggested at :
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2018-September/006528.html

and I get the error message :
"Error: Internal error: Cannot submit simulation <sim_name> because it is
already active"

Another email thread I used for reference was this one:
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2018-May/006281.html

I am using ET_Mayer with the default simfactory that it comes with
(simfactory 2, I think).

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

--