[Users] restart simulation with checkpoints

林家暉 r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw
Tue May 22 14:11:55 CDT 2018

Dear who it may concern,

I have tried the binary neutron star simulation (http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html), and want to finish the simulation by parts .That is , I would like to recover the simulation from checkpoints. However I fail to continue my simulation. There are two cases that I met:

  1.  I have the cctk_final_time=2500 and the simulation terminate at time=2500 but the merge has not yet occur which means I need more time ,perhaps time=8000. So I want to continue my simulation from time=2500. But after I changed  to cctk_final_time=8000 in parameter file , the simulation still stops at time=2500, which means it stops just after it begins. How can I finish the complete simulation?
  2.  I have test the same simulation as above but with wall_time=10 min. I have checkpoint_every=150 ,and checkpoint_on_terminate= "yes" in the parameter file. However after it finishes with the final iteration=250, the checkpoint file is not produced. Only the initial one checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.file_0.h5 exists. How can I produce a checkpoint which enable me to restart simulation?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Chia-Hui