[Users] Restarting simulations using simfactory

Atul Kedia akedia at nd.edu
Sun Aug 16 16:11:17 CDT 2020

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was doing a sim run because I get this error
when I *start a new simulation* doing a 'submit' on my cluster "Executing
submit command: exec nohup <sim directory address>". Which made me think
'submit' cannot be used when submitting a job to a cluster; rather it can
be used only when running a sim on the front end (to hide the output from
the terminal).

Anyway, now as I am doing a *restart* using 'submit' I am getting these
messages and then the simulation stops.
Warning: Simulation nsnstohmns_low_resolution_Marronetti already has an
active submission. Chaining this submission onto job id 999999
Warning: job status is U
Warning: Job chaining requested but job id 999999 is not in the queue. Its
status is U. Aborting submission.

I guess the issue is with the "status is U" part now.

Best regards,
Atul.

--
Atul Kedia