[Users] Restarting simulations using simfactory

Atul Kedia akedia at nd.edu
Fri Aug 28 09:52:40 CDT 2020

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your comments.

> This is not how Simfactory is supposed to behave. It seems that
> Simfactory is not correctly set up for your cluster. The mechanism
> you're describing is the one that's useful on a workstation or laptop.

Yes, that seems to be the case. It works as expected on both my PC and my
cluster's front end machine.

I think you want "recover = auto" instead; that's the generally useful
> setting.

Thanks, I agree, I changed it to auto and set the directory and file
location as needed, but I get a new set of errors related to simfactory :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 148, in <module>
    main()
  File "./simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 144, in main
    CommandDispatch()
  File "./simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 106, in CommandDispatch
    module.main()
  File "...ET_Mayer/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/lib/sim-manage.py", line 396,
in main
    CommandDispatch()
  File " ...ET_Mayer/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/lib/sim-manage.py", line 375,
in CommandDispatch
    exec("command_%s()" % command)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File " ...ET_Mayer/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/lib/sim-manage.py", line 206,
in command_run
    simulationName = simenv.OptionsManager.args.pop(0)
IndexError: pop from empty list

Would you or someone know what might be going wrong here?

Best Regards,
Atul

 -erik