[Users] meeting minutes for 2020-02-06

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 08:21:35 CST 2020

On 10 Feb 2020, at 16:37, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu<mailto:sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu>> wrote:

So the question is, what do we do about the website? We don't have the time, person-power, or budget to maintain it. At present, the website is full of things that are horribly out of date and likely does more harm than good for anyone reading it.

Hi Steve,

For time, person power and budget, how would this change if it were moved to be under the ET website?

Is the issue related to keeping the content up-to-date, or infrastructure issues like maintaining a separate webserver etc?

Deleting content which is out of date would help.

We could make a website that's just a few well-chosen pages with a similar template to the ETK.

Reducing the amount of administrative duplication is certainly desirable.

Research Software Engineer
University of Manchester, UK