[Users] CCTK_LOOP3_INT macro with Fortran and OpenMP

Miguel Zilhão miguel.zilhao.nogueira at tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Wed Feb 26 03:38:43 CST 2020

hi Roland,

>>    Warning: Possible change of value in conversion from INTEGER(8) to
>> INTEGER(4) at (1) [-Wconversion]
>>
>> should i worry about these?
> Maybe. What is the line that it complain about (it shows it) about the
> "1" which is uses as a pointer.

it just points to the line where i've added the macro itself:  CCTK_LOOP3_INT(int3, i, j, k)
so this seems to concern the internal variables for the macro...

> Looking around a bit (find . -name \*.F90 -print0 | xargs --null grep
> CCTK_LOOP) there actually si a LoopControl test for F90 in ./carpet/TestLoopControl/src/TestLoopFortran.F90 and one for the Cactus loops (no loopcontrol) in ./cactustest/TestLoop/src/TestLoopFortran.F90
>
> What you need to add is (apparently):
>
> CCTK_LOOP3_ALL_DECLARE(int33)
>
> in your variable declaration section.

ah, but this is for when one uses the CCTK_LOOP3_ALL macro... i'm using the CCTK_LOOP3_INT macro, so
my understanding is that i need to declare instead

   CCTK_LOOP3_INT_DECLARE(int3)

which i'm doing (and which works fine without the OMP statements). the tests don't seem to use OMP
statements; could this be untested?

> If you were to propose text to add to LoopControl's documentation.tex
> or the UsersGuide at:
>
> https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/usersguide/UsersGuidech9.html#x13-102000C1.7.1
>
> then that would be gladly accepted. Right now those sections do not
> mention Fortran or OpenMP at all.

sure, i'd be happy to propose some text once i manage to have this working.

thanks,
Miguel