[Users] CCTK_LOOP3_INT macro with Fortran and OpenMP

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 26 08:46:43 CST 2020

Hello Miguel,

> ah, but this is for when one uses the CCTK_LOOP3_ALL macro... i'm using the CCTK_LOOP3_INT macro, so
> my understanding is that i need to declare instead
>
>    CCTK_LOOP3_INT_DECLARE(int3)
>
> which i'm doing (and which works fine without the OMP statements).
> the tests don't seem to use OMP statements; could this be untested?
Yes, this certainly could very well be be untested.

I had a look at LoopControl itself
(carpet/LoopControl/src/loopcontrol_fortran.inc) where there are eg
LC_LOOP3STR_NORMAL_OMP_PRIVATE(name, i,j,k) macros.

Then looking at cctk_Loop.h there are also INTERIOR, BOUNDARY and
INTBOUNDARIES flavors eg CCTK_LOOP3_INTBND_OMP_PRIVATE(name)
which (unfortunately) has incompatible calling syntax with
LoopControl's macro (this is a bug...).

So without changing your code you would have to use (see cctk_Loop.h
lines 3223, 3468, 3445.

> > then that would be gladly accepted. Right now those sections do not
> > mention Fortran or OpenMP at all.
>
> sure, i'd be happy to propose some text once i manage to have this
> working.
Thank you.