[Users] WENO-Z in GRHydro

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
Thu Jan 16 10:56:14 CST 2020

I just discovered that GRHydro supports also WENO-Z (a different
implementation of the WENO 5th order reconstruction scheme).

I have a master student currently looking at high order schemes and I admit
that I thought that GRHydro had only WENO5 implemented
(recon_method="weno") since this is the scheme that was mentioned and
tested in the GRHydro paper (which instead does not mention WENO-Z which I
assume was probably implemented after the paper).

Has the WENO-Z implementation also been tested? Is someone using it?

Thanks,
Bruno

--

Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics

email: bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
phone: (+39) 02 6448 2321
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't