[Users] arXiv-1111.3344 collapse example errors

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 24 14:17:27 CST 2020

Hello Justin,

those were some thorns that were private at the time.

CoreCollapseControl has been proposed for inclusion in this ticket:

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1358/import-corecollapsecontrol-into-et

and you can obtain a copy using svn:

svn checkout
https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/incoming/CoreCollapseControl/

CartesianCoordinates is part of Llama and in the llama repository that
has since become part of the Toolkit.

So you can use it by adding a line like this:

Llama/CartesianCoordinates

to your ThornList. You may have to create the appropriate symbolic link
first via (something like):

cd arrangements/Llama
ln -s ../../repos/llama/CartesianCoordinates CartesianCoordinates

TriggerTerminationManual has been superseeded my the TerminationTrigger
thorn (in CactusUtils) in the toolkit, though you can also just comment
it out since it does not affect physics.

Even with all those in place, the TOV collapse is "temperamental" and
sometimes does not work well.

Please see here:

http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-March/006802.html

for someone else's experience.

Basically Tony had to increase resolution by a factor of 2 (to 1.6
from 3.2) to avoid failures.