[Users] arXiv-1111.3344 collapse example errors

Justin Verde verde029 at d.umn.edu
Fri Jan 24 12:39:24 CST 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user to the toolkit and have been trying to run the TOV collapse
example from arXiv-1111.3344 on my home system with 4 cores. I keep getting
the following errors before the job crashes:

Error: Thorn CartesianCoordinates not found
Error: Thorn corecollapsecontrol not found
Error: Thorn TriggerTerminationManual not found
Activation failed - 3 errors in activation sequence
WARNING level 0 from host euler process 0 in thorn Cactus, file
/home/verde029/ETK/Cactus/configs/sim/build/Cactus/main/SetParams.c:93:
  -> CCTKi_SetParameter: Error at line 66 in parameter file
/home/verde029/simulations/collapse_crash_test/output-0000/tov_collapse_vc_l3.par
while activating thorns
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

I can't find anything on these thorns through the thorn documentation
guide. Have the thorns or par file been updated, or is there a quick
workaround to update the file?

I appreciate any help!

--
Kindest Regards,