[Users] Einstein toolkit installation issues

Camilo Posada camilo.posada at physics.slu.cz
Mon Jun 15 04:42:28 CDT 2020

  Dear Roland,

Thank you for your reply!

> not sure if only modifying it in .zshrc will do the trick since
> simfactory does not call "hostname -f" but instead uses the OS
> functions that hostname uses (among other things) which may not see /
> respect anything set in your .zshrc.
>
> A couple more suggestions and double checks:
>
> Did you try the command:
>
> echo >$HOME/.hostname "compos_MacBook"
>
> ?
>
> Did you run "./simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent" once more after the
> modification?
>
> With your modification, can you run "simfactory whoami" or does this
> produce an error? What is the output?

So, I did this but the same error keeps showing up. When I run
"simfactory whoami" it shows: "command not found: simfactory

I checked the directory: simfactory/mdb/machines, and actually there
is a file called: campos at MacBook.ini. I'm sure this is the one messing
up the whole thing. Can I modify this file by hand?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Camilo

----- Message from Roland Haas <rhaas at illinois.edu> ---------