[Users] Einstein toolkit installation issues

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 11 08:43:53 CDT 2020

Hello Camilo,

not sure if only modifying it in .zshrc will do the trick since
simfactory does not call "hostname -f" but instead uses the OS
functions that hostname uses (among other things) which may not see /
respect anything set in your .zshrc.

A couple more suggestions and double checks:

Did you try the command:

echo >$HOME/.hostname "compos_MacBook"

?

Did you run "./simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent" once more after the
modification?

With your modification, can you run "simfactory whoami" or does this
produce an error? What is the output?

Are there any files starting with "campos" in simfactory/mdb/machines/
? This is where "setup-silent" creates a file <MACHINENAME>.ini (and
the desire to avoid unusual characters in there is part of why we only
allow "harmless" characters.