[Users] Issues to install: failed to configure openmpi

Rodriguez, Shanshan rodriguezs at grinnell.edu
Tue May 26 12:18:20 CDT 2020

Dear group,

We are reinstalling the ET_2019_10 version following the CactusTutorial.ipynb and keep running into issues when installing the prerequisites. Our system is macOS Catalina with Xcode and Macports installed successfully. When we use the commend: sudo port -N install pkgconfig gcc9 openmpi-gcc9 fftw-3 gsl jpeg zlib hdf5 +fortran +gfortran openssl subversion ld64
We get the following errors:

--->  Computing dependencies for pkgconfig
--->  Cleaning pkgconfig
--->  Computing dependencies for gcc9
--->  Cleaning gcc9
--->  Computing dependencies for openmpi-gcc9
--->  Configuring openmpi-gcc9
Error: Failed to configure openmpi-gcc9, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_science_openmpi/openmpi-gcc9/work/build/config.log
Error: Failed to configure openmpi-gcc9: configure failure: command execution failed
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_science_openmpi/openmpi-gcc9/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port openmpi-gcc9 failed

We are wondering if anyone have ran into similar issues and could give us a hint about how to fix this.

Thank you very much,
Shanshan