[Users] Changing cctk_delta_time

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 2 08:08:09 CST 2020

Hello David,

I have never done this myself. As far as I understand, based on
previous discussions on Carpet, you can modify cctk_delta_time the same
way you are able to do in PUGH but only for unigrid (no mesh refinement)
simulations.

Since Carpet does not allow the timestep to be changed for mesh refined
simulations (which is the majority by now) you will have to set:

Carpet::adaptive_stepsize = "yes"

to avoid it aborting (even for unigrid simulations) when you change the
timestep.