[Users] Einstein toolkit Somerville release issue

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 30 10:11:19 CST 2020

Hello Karima,

please use the Einstein Toolkit users mailing list
users at einsteintoolkit.org if possible for support questions.

It is usually also better to copy and paste the text of the error
message rather than taking a screenshot since the former lets me copy
and paste from what you entered while the latter requires me to retype
evertyhing.

In your case:

* Sommerville is quite old (5 years) and not all options shown in the
  current tutorial notebook are supported
* in particular the "-j" option to simfactory (to build in parallel
  using make's own "-j" option) is not supported
* the easiest fix is to leave out the option "-j2" which will compile
  using 1 compilation process (so will be quite slow)

Hope this helps.