[Users] Compilation error in PointerTo.F90

Chris Stevens cstevens at maths.otago.ac.nz
Fri Sep 4 20:55:43 CDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the Einstein Toolkit compiling on a new cluster, and
most of the code compiles but I get the following error:

COMPILING Cactus/util/PointerTo.F90
/maybehome/cstevens/Cactus_For_BBH_Production_Runs/Cactus/src/util/PointerTo.F90:23.27:

  address = transfer(c_loc(var), address)
                           1
Error: Assumed-rank argument requires an explicit interface at (1)
make[3]: *** [PointerTo.F90.o] Error 1C
make[2]: *** [util/make.checked] Error 2
make[1]: ***
[/maybehome/cstevens/Cactus_For_BBH_Production_Runs/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Cactus.a]
Error 2

I am using gfortran 4.8.5, perhaps this can be resolved by simply updating
gcc and gfortran? The flags for Fortran are

F90FLAGS = -g3 -fcray-pointer -ffixed-line-length-none

Cheers,

Chris

--

Dr Chris Stevens