[Users] Error in a function

Erik Rodrígo Jiménez Vázquez erjive at ciencias.unam.mx
Tue Sep 8 23:44:37 CDT 2020

Hello everybody,

I'm writing a function to set initial conditions, but I need to use an
interative method and I need to operate over some arrays (grid functions)
that I previously declared in the interface.ccl file.

This is an example of one of the functions that I'm currently writing.

#include "cctk.h"
#include "cctk_Arguments.h"
#include "cctk_Parameters.h"
#include "ID.h"

void Initial_Setup(CCTK_ARGUMENTS)
{

  DECLARE_CCTK_ARGUMENTS;
  DECLARE_CCTK_PARAMETERS;

  int index;

  int i,j,k;
  int ierr;

  for (k=0; k<cctk_lsh[2]; k++)
    {
      for (j=0; j<cctk_lsh[1]; j++)
        {
          for (i=0; i<cctk_lsh[0]; i++)
            {
              index = CCTK_GFINDEX3D(cctkGH,i,j,k);

              phi[index] = 1.0;
              pi [index] = 0.0;
            }
        }
    }

}

where pi and phi are the grid functions previously defined in the
interface.ccl and the header "ID.h" is where I defined the function
Initial_Setup

When I call the function in the main function and compile it I get

error: type name is not allowed
    Initial_Setup(CCTK_ARGUMENTS);
error: expression must have arithmetic type
    Initial_Setup(CCTK_ARGUMENTS);

these errors are the same for the other functions. All these functions are
not scheduled but the main function is. What is the problem?

Any help will be apreciated.

Erik